> I don't know what your Google search results page presented, but the the
> second entry on the first search results page, for me, was the following:
>
> Cookbook/Matplotlib -
> Feb 12, 2010 ... Show colormaps - Small script to display all of the
> Matplotlib colormaps, and an exampleshowing how to create a new one. ...
> www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib - Cached

The way he worded it to me meant colormaps mapping certain values to
distinct colors, which was not (as far as I saw) covered by the first
two links.
It turns out I was wrong, but the point still stands: if we have new
users asking sensible questions and actually making a good effort, we
don't want to discourage them.

Now for those who want there hands held every step of the way I'm all
for snarking at.

Ryan

--
Ryan May