Angus McMorland-2 wrote:

> On 31 May 2010 23:17, Angus McMorland <amcm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 31 May 2010 19:49, rugspin <piet_par...@web.de> wrote:
>>

>>> I have a small problem how to convert an image from matplotlib to PIL
>>>
>>> right now doing somthing like this:
>>> from scipy import *
>>> from pylab import *
>>> from PIL import Image
>>>
>>> a = arange(16384).reshape(128,128)
>>> imsave( "test.png", a, cmap=cm.summer,vmin=0,vmax=16383)
>>> b = Image.open("test.png" )
>>>

>> The Image.fromarray function should do what you want. For example,
>>
>> import numpy as np   # note: use of "from foo import *"
>> import Image             # is discouraged where possible
>>
>> a = np.arange(128)[None,:] * np.ones(128)[:,None]
>>

> Sorry - I was playing around with a few iterations of this line, and
> didn't
> provide the most useful one. Your example:
>
> a = np.arange(128**2).reshape(128,128)
>
> should also work fine.
>

>> b = Image.fromarray(a)
>> c = np.asarray(b)
>> np.all(c == a)
>>   -> True
>>
>> I hope that helps,
>>
>> Angus.
>>

> --
> AJC McMorland
> Post-doctoral research fellow
> Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh

Thank you Angus
but that's not exactly what i was looking for. The fromarray function is
very basic, so I would have to take care of all the RGBA of the array. the
imshow and imsave functions take care of all that for example adding a
colormap. After choosing a reasonable colormap (vmin, vmax, ....) I would
like to convert this into a PIL image.

Best Regard
Hans