From: Eric Firing [mailto:efir...@hawaii.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 7:07 PM
To: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] multiple lines

On 06/01/2010 02:47 PM, Benjamin Root wrote:
> Howard,
>
> Are you trying to plot 4 lines with the same y-axis or with two or more
> y-axes?  I only ask because the values of your 5th column are many
> orders of magnitude smaller than the values of the other ys.
>
> If you want multiple y-axes on the same plot, then you might want to
> look at Parasite Axes.  If not, then you can very simply plot this like
> so (assuming that 'data' is a 2-D numpy array).
>
> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
>
> plt.plot(data[:, 0], data[:, 1])
> plt.plot(data[:, 0], data[:, 2])
> plt.plot(data[:, 0], data[:, 3])
> plt.plot(data[:, 0], data[:, 4])
>
> plt.show()
>
> I am sure that my 4 plot statements can be simplified, but I can't
> verify that right now.

import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

x =  np.arange(2, 5, 0.3)
y = np.random.randn(len(x), 4) # dummy data for illustration
plt.plot(x, y)

So with the data array as above, it would be

plt.plot(data[:,0], data[:, 1:])

Eric

> I hope that helps.
>
> Ben Root

contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by