Hi there,

I just noticed today that when I call hist() on a masked_array, also those
values which are masked out are displayed (with their fill_value). Is that
really the desired behaviour?

I'm working in an environment where we're mostly using masked_array, but
also sometimes the 'normal' ndarray. So I would need to do something like

try:
  data = data.compressed()
except:
  pass
hist(data)

all the time ... Is there any easier solution?

Cheers,

Andreas.