On 07/07/2010 05:01 AM, Benjamin Root wrote:
> Samuel,
>
> Fortunately, matplotlib keeps all of the files that it compiles with the
> python files that it installs.  On Ubuntu, I believe that the
> installation directory was /usr/lib/python2.?/dist-packages/matplotlib*

ubuntu 8.04 was still using site-packages; the switch to dist-packages
was in 9.10, if I remember correctly.  8.04 uses python 2.5.

Also check the /usr/local path along with the /usr path. I'm not sure
whether the installation from source put things by default in /usr or
/usr/local.  I always do installations from tarball in /usr/local so as
to keep them separate from packages installed via the distro packaging
system.

Eric