I found one method to work around this.  I iterate through the list of
collections by accessing the axes.collections list and checking to see if
the type of the collection is a CircleCollection.  If so, I remove the item
then redraw the collection for the appropriate zoom level.  This doesn't
really seem like an optimal way of doing this though.

-Aman

--
Aman Thakral
B.Eng & Biosci, M.Eng Design