> The problem here is probably with the blitting.  You make a copy of the
> background before plotting the data.  Before you plot the data, the axes
> have no clue what's its limits are supposed to be.  In your example, it
> won't know until you do the plotting.  Then when you restore the
> background, it is restoring the background that never knew the limits.
>
> I suggest calling ax.set_xlim() and ax.set_ylim() before doing the
> copy_from_bbox().
>
> I hope that helps,
> Ben Root

Thank you very much Ben Root for your prompt response and valuable
assistance! Now I can set the limits using set_ylim. I call it just
before self.restore_region(...). But I should calculate limits myself in
order to provide them to that function.
In my case it looks like this:

y1 = np.sin(self.x+self.cnt/10.0)
y2 = (self.x+self.cnt)/50.0
self.ax.set_ylim(min(y1.min(), y2.min()), max(y1.max(), y2.max()))

another way I've discovered is to call plot() function in every step.
But this approach is little slowly the difference is about 5%.