I solved the problem and I'm going to explain the solution I used, it can be useful for someone. y data for each series are contained into 2 different arrays, say y1 and y2.
The code is the sequent:

if max(y1) > max(y2):
    y_max = max(y1)
else:
    y_max = max(y2)

if min(y1) < min(y2):
    y_min= min(y1)
else:
    y_min = min(y2)

y_upper_limit = y_max+ y_max/10 # to leave some blank space on the top y_lower_limit = y_min + y_min/10 # to leave some blank space on the bottom

Then, in your plot, you set ylim(y_lower_limit, y_upper_limit) and that's it. This solution is good because it doesn't depend on the order of magnitude of the processed data, while specifying axes manually can give some problems for very different data sets.

I hope this message is correctly sent to the mailing list, the procedure for answering a message is not so immediate in my opinion. Then, I subscribed the mailing list, so from the following messages (I have some other problems) I will use a different e-mail address.

Bye :)