On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Satish Raghunath <qgu...@my.utsa.edu>wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am getting this error when using matplot . No module named _tkagg . Can
> anyone please tell  me about this error and what does tkagg  mean .
> Thanks!
> Satish

Satish, this error occurs if you build matplotlib from source without having
the tk development libraries installed on your system.  Tk is the short name
for Tkinter, which is the GUI system for Python.  If you intended to use
gtk, qt, or wx, then you would have to specify it in your configuration
file.  For any of these GUI systems, you will need the development files
installed.

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/installing.html#installing-from-source

I hope this helps,
Ben Root