On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:
> I have done some further research on this, and it appears to be a bug of
> some sort.  Possibly the Locators are already made by the time the
> ax.set_xticks([]) is called and that function falls on deaf ears because the
> real xaxis is actually a different object for Axes3D.  When trying to dig
> down and force zero ticks from being used (using NullLocator), I get errors
> when attempting to draw:

I think this is a bug in Axis3D. In the meantime, one can use

# make ticklabels and ticklines invisible
for a in ax.w_xaxis.get_ticklines()+ax.w_xaxis.get_ticklabels():
    a.set_visible(False)

Note that w_xaxis, w_yaxis, w_zaxis correspond to x, y, z axis.
To remove y tickmakes, replace ax.w_xaxis with ax.w_yaxis.

Regards,

-JJ