Running 0.98.5.3
(would upgrade to 1.0 but having trouble installing it on Mac OS X as it
doesn't appear to like the version of Python Apple provides).

I have a module where there are two functions which call matplotlib to each
create a different graph which both saved to an output PNG file.  The import
statements:

import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('Agg')
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np

are at the top of the module file.  Neither function imports anything
specifically, relying on the above imports.

I call each function sequentially.  The result is that the first graph is
created correctly. The second graph is flawed, and in fact shows the legend
from the first function.  When I reverse the function calls, which ever
graphing function is called first is ok, but second is flawed. If I call each
function on it's own, within the same Python session, the graphs (both) get
produced flawlessly.

both charts are bar charts; but one does a stacked bar and the other is a
simple bar chart.

Why would I not be able to call the two functions sequentially?  Why does the
first call interfere with the second call?

--rms