On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:15 PM, c.jeang <
christian.jeanguilla...@univ-angers.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  where can I find mpl_toolkits.
>  Because I install matplotlib with ipython and the command
>  yum install python-matplotlib
>  but as a result I have no axes3d.py file and when I tried the examples of
>  the matplotlib site I get the following message:
>  unknown projection 3d
> Apparently the toolkits mpl3d  is missing, which site can provide it?
>
>  Best regards
>
>  Jeanguillaume

Jeanguillaume,

Which version of matplotlib did you install?  The axes3d.py examples use a
very new feature that wasn't available in previous versions.  The current
examples can run with older versions of matplotlib by replacing the .gca()
or the .add_subplot() line with

ax = axes3d.Axes3D(fig)

However, you would not be able to do any 3d subplotting examples without the
latest version of matplotlib.

I hope that clears things up.

Ben Root