Hi Ben.

It is the version 1.0.0 that i am using, both on Linux and windows. Is there
any newer (development) version that I should try?

Jens

[...]

Is there any way to enforce plotting each and every point?

I use matplotlib version 1.0.0 on a 32 Bit windows XP system installed via the
windows installer from sf.
A quick check on a opensuse 11.3 linux box showed the same issue. Using the
"standard" TK backend instead of Qt4Agg behaves just the same.

Jens

Jens,

Which version of matplotlib are you using?  I wonder if this is the
path.simplify bug that was fixed for 1.0.

Essentially, there was a bug in some code that caused some points to be skipped
in the process of displaying images that had datapoints that were closer
together than could be resolved.  I suspect this is what is happening here,
because everything looks fine on my latest build.

Ben Root