Hi Ben,
Thanks for your reply it sure helps.
My awkward work around until now was to put before the colorbar:
matplotlib.rc('axes',edgecolor='w')

and the return it to
matplotlib.rc('axes',edgecolor='k').

Does some one knows how to increase the distance between the color bar and
the X-axis ?

Now I noticed that the color bar hides the xlabel ....

Thanks again,

Oz

--
Oz Nahum