On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Daπid <davidmen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does MPL support in any way the Z channel? If not, is there any
> possibility to use it? For example, to create a parallel matrix of the
> same dimensions of the image with the values of Z in each pixel.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> David.

David, I am not entirely certain I understand what you mean.  Perhaps you
are speaking of Z-order?  Using the zorder kwarg in various plotting
commands, I can manually control the order in which elements are rendered.
When figures are saved, depending on the file format, this information can
get "flattened", and therefore lost, and other formats (most of the
vector-based formats) maintain this information, I believe.

Does that help?
Ben Root