On Sep 22, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Benjamin Root wrote:

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Russell E. Owen <ro...@uw.edu> wrote:
In article <4c935c08.1000...@gmail.com>,
 Alan G Isaac <alan.is...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/accented_text.html

It's realistic, and that has a lot to be said for it.

One of my problems with matplotlib is that it is far too willing to
truncate axis labels and related information. I'd be much happier with a
layout model that always showed the axis labels in full.

Ditto on this. In addition, it would be useful to prevent axes labels from spilling over into another axes' area.

I submitted bug report #3073546 on the issue of axis labels getting truncated.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=560720&aid=3073546&group_id=80706

You might want to add your suggestion about axis labels or submit a new ticket.

Regards,

-- Russell