John Salvatier <jsalv...@u.washington.edu> writes:

> Is there a way to do "asynchronous" plots in matplotlib? By asynchronous I
> mean plots that simply spawn a new process and do not stop the program while
> the plot is visible?

In 2007 Bill Baxter made a package called ezplot that does plots in a
separate process via a remote procedure call interface. I don't think
the project has been continued since, so it might not be compatible with
current matplotlib, but it may be a useful starting point:

http://www.billbaxter.com/projects/ezplot/

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks