On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Dharhas Pothina
<dharhas.poth...@twdb.state.tx.us> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm assuming this is possible and common but I'm not finding the correct
> combination of search terms to find any examples on the mailing list or
> online on how to do this.
>
> I'd like to display the y-axis tick labels in the 'comma' notation i.e.
>
> 234004 = 234,004
> 1237689 = 1,237,689
> etc
>
> thanks,
>
> - dharhas

Python 2.7 has format specifiers for thousands separation:

http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html#pep-378-format-specifier-for-thousands-separator

moneyfmt recipe http://docs.python.org/library/decimal.html#recipes
might provide an alternative solution. In any case you should need to
get yticklabels and set them with the converted values.

--
Gökhan