In article <4d0f8efd.3010...@gmail.com>,
 Jose Guzman <sjm.guz...@googlemail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I wanted to collect a combination of plots to insert then in a subplot.
> I choose to create Line2D objects to use the .add_line() method of the
> AxesSubplot class, but unfortunately this does lead to the desired results.

Is the appended closer to what you had in mind?

-- Russell

from matplotlib.lines import Line2D
from matplotlib.pyplot import figure, show

import numpy as np

def subplot_foo(n):
     """ returns a the combination of 2 Line2D instances """
     x = np.arange(0, 200, 0.1)
     y = np.random.randn(len(x))
     print len(x)
     y2 = y+n