Werner F. Bruhin wrote:

> It should be there, i.e. mpl-data in the lib/site-packages/matplotlib
> folder has the same number of files and folders as the one created by
> setup.py in dist.
>
> But it obviously doesn't find it or some other setting to handle the
> LaTex stuff is not there.
>
> Put this at the top of alphabeta.py, i.e. just after import matplotlib
>
> matplotlib.verbose.level = u'debug'
>
> and change setup.py to generate a console app.  If I run this on my dev
> machine the output shows that fonts are found, but if I run it on the
> py2exe'd version lots of STIX fonts are not found.  Even so these fonts
> are in mpl-data/fonts/ttf of the py2exe dist folder.
>
> So, I think/guess that the font searching is not done correctly, as
> running with verbose "debug" it shows that it finds the mpl-data folder
> in the dist folder or wherever you copy dist too.
>
> Hopefully someone who knows how the font searching is done can help
> out/point to the culprit.

Hi all!
Any fix for this problem?
I have the same issue!
I'm using:
OS: windows xp sp3
Python: 2.6.6
numpy: 1.5.1
scipy: 0.8.0
matplotlib: 1.0.0
Tkinter
The .py script compiles well to exe program, but the matplotlib fonts
searching is done in D:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mpl-data\fonts
(I have insatalled python in D:\python26) instead of dist\mpl-data\fonts
Matplotlib images in \dist\mpl-data\images are loaded correctly.
In dist\mpl-data\fonts I have same files and folder that are in
D:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mpl-data\fonts
So if the folder fonts is in
D:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mpl-data\fonts the exe program runs
correctly, but if I delete that folder the program doesn't plot tha data and
the log shows an error because it doesn't find the Vera font.
I attach the setup.py http://old.nabble.com/file/p30562579/setup.py setup.py

Any help is appreciated!