On Wednesday, January 26, 2011, Soumyaroop Roy <soumyar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben:
>
> That's encouraging!
>
> I want to be able plot up to N data points (the points are in an
> ordered sequence) on a canvas and then zoom into the plot region
> enclosed within a subset sequence (e.g., T1 to T2 data points, 0 <= T1
> < T2 <=N) by putting two cursors - one on T1 and the other one on T2.
>
> regards,
> Soumyaroop

One way to do that would be to set the x and/or y limits based on the
min/max of the slice of data you want to view.  For example:

import numpy as np
Import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

X = np.linspace(0, 5*np.pi, 100)
Y = np.sin(X)
plt.plot(X, Y)

iStart = 50
iEnd = 78

plt.xlim(X[iStart:iEnd].min(), X[iStart, iEnd].max())
plt.ylim(Y[iStart:iEnd].min(), Y[iStart, iEnd].max())

plt.show()