Dear Matplotlib-Users.

After changing the scaling from the y-axis from default to semilogy the
tickers were not updated anymore automatically when a zoom is applied.

Even after deep searches within the ticker API as well as the mail
archive list I could not find an appropriate solution for this.

In the original artist/image (sorry for confused usage of this termini,
I am pretty new to matplotlib): the scale has a default log10-base with
major tickers including labels and minor tickers without (guess this is
the default ticker formatting).

I was messing around a lot with autoscale(enable=True,axis='both') and
set_autoscale_on(True) and relim(). But actually the sovereign handling
ot this API is still missing for me and I was not able to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kindly regards,
Thore Oltersdorf