Hi,
I have some problems to plot a 3d plot_surface (and contour plot) in log scale
(y and z or x,y and z).
There is nothink in the help sections of thus plot to plot them in log scale
(neither in thus plot code commentary).
I tried to find a solution by myself (many try as "log=True", "xscale='log'",
"scale='log'", or "set_xscale('log')"...) but it doesn't work.
I tried to use "LogFormatter" (ticker) but i failed (maybe I am doing something
wrong (I am a newbe) but i tried many things).
I try to found a solution on forums and this mailing list and what i found
nearest of my problem is this topic:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3909794/plotting-mplot3d-axes3d-xyz-surface-plot-with-log-scale‏
They said this problem had no solution. Is it true? have somebody solved this
problem?

An other solution is to plot log(Data) and change ticks with "set_ticks" (for
exemple) but it seems to only work with 2D plot. I tried too :(

To be unterstanding easier, this is an exemple of the code to plot in log scale:
    import matplotlib.pyplot as plt#   (i am under '1.0.0')
    import numpy as np

    #Data
    x = np.logspace(0, 4, 10)
    y = np.logspace(0, 4, 10)
    Z = np.arange(100).reshape((10,10))

    #Min and Max for x,y and Z
    minx=np.min(x)
    maxx=np.max(x)
    miny=np.min(y)
    maxy=np.max(y)
    minz=np.min(Z)
    maxz=np.max(Z)

    #figure
    fig = plt.figure()
    ax = fig.gca(projection='3d')

    ax.plot_surface(X, Y, Z, rstride=8, cstride=8, alpha=0.3)
    cset = ax.contour(X, Y, Z, zdir='z', offset=minz)
    cset = ax.contour(X, Y, Z, zdir='x', offset=minx)
    cset = ax.contour(X, Y, Z, zdir='y', offset=miny)

    ax.set_xlabel("X")
    ax.set_xlim3d(minx,maxx)
    ax.set_ylabel("Y")
    ax.set_ylim3d(miny,maxy)