Hi,

I usually plot my multichannel-EEG data using a constant offset for
each channel and then setting the channel-names as yticks on the
y-axis.

I stumbled across
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/MultilinePlots
where exactly this problem is addressed, and I tried the example using
transformations. Sadly, it doesn't work anymore as the
transforms-module has changed. I know that the old methods all have
new versions, so it shouldn't be too hard to get it working again, but
I have a different question.

It is mentioned that this functionality was planned to (maybe)
encapsulate in a method plot_signal, but I didn't find it in current
mpl. Does such a method exist or was it somehow else implemented?

Greetings,

Thorsten