On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Eric Firing <efir...@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> On 03/06/2011 09:14 PM, Thomas Lecocq wrote:
> > Dear,
> >
> > Please also note that '+' and 'x' are "lines", hence if you want them
> > coloured, you'll need to set edgecolor="g" rather than just color='g' ...
>
> Exactly, but in the scatter context one shouldn't have to do this.  I
> consider it a bug, so I will shortly commit a fix.  Markers that have no
> face showing, only edge, should still behave as expected when a "c"
> kwarg is supplied.  I think this is what one would expect based on the
> docstring.
>
> Eric

I always did wonder what the difference was between 'c' and 'color'.  We
should definitely make this clearer in the docs.  Obviously, the 'c'
argument should always work because the user shouldn't have to know the
difference.  Those who do know the difference can continue using the
appropriate kwargs for advanced control.

Ben Root