Hi!

I would greatly appreciate if you could give me some advice.

I would like to make a Cartesian axes with a polar grid shown, just as here
in this example:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/axes_grid/demo_curvelinear_grid.html
I have studied this example, I don't even need ParasiteAxes, just to make
those polar grid lines visible.

However, I would like to control the placement and size of such an axis and
axisartist.SubplotHost or Subplot don't
seem to give me enough control. I want subplots of unequal sizes, like in
the GridSpec examples.
Normally, one can easily add axes with fixed position and sizes with the
convenience method
fig.add_axes() by specifying a "rect" list. How could I control the
placement of such axisartist axes
similarly?

Thank you in advance.

Kornel