On Wednesday, March 9, 2011, Mads Ipsen <madsip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the Qt4 based back engine for displaying a 2D plot in a
> widget. The plot typically contains lots of line plots. Suppose I add a
> CirclePolygon to the plot like this:
>
> circle = CirclePolygon((x,y), radius=0.04, edgecolor='black',
> facecolor='red', zorder=1)
> axes.add_patch(circle)
>
> Then when I start to zoom in the window the aspect ratio of the circle
> is not preserved (it appears like an ellipse). If you plot a line with
> points, displaying its points using circles, these circles do have their
> aspect ratio (and size) preserved. There must be some approach for
> achieving the same effect for a manually added circle.
>
> Any help is appreciated,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mads

Mads,

The way this is done is tricky.  The transform object assigned to the
circles in plot() and scatter() are different than the default when
you make a circle polygon yourself.  The easiest way to get them is to
just simply use scatter() and pass in your own size value.

I hope that helps!
Ben Root