On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Andrew Chapkowski <achapkow...@esri.com>wrote:

>  Can someone please explain how to coordinates need to be passed to
> contour for 3D graphs?  I see all the examples use sample data, but I can't
> find any information on how the input points need to be formatted.
> Currently I have three array, one for the X, one for Y, and another for a Z
> value, and I was to plot each set on a 3D contour graph.  What do I need to
> do to format these points correctly?
>

> Thank you
>
> Andrew

Andrew,

The data input for contourf3d is pretty much the same as it is for regular
2-D contourf.  Essentially, X and Y are the grid coordinates, while Z
represents the value at those grid points.  Z should be a NxM array.  X and
Y should be NxM, or X is length N, with Y being length M.

I hope that clears it up.
Ben Root