Hi Michael,

In both cases, I was first hoping someone else has experienced this problem, to
know I am not alone in the universe.

But since you asked, I am using the macosx backend - but find the same problem
also with WXAgg and TkAgg.

When you mention included examples, I do not find any in my

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.2/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data/example/

folder.  Do you mean ones I find on the web at the matplotlib site?

Thanks,

Andre