hello, can someone give me a hint to get started.

context:
i'm trying to use pythonxy and matplotlib
i've got python 2.7 installed, and pythonxy
i also have matplotlib installed (i know that because it runs from ipythonxy
- the interactive console)

eventually i'll need to be getting data from a database so that why i've
chosen eclipse

problem:
1. my import matplotlib shows an error  (a bad start)
2. i can't run my module

this is probably basic, can someone give me a pointer?

best,