I have several line graphs on a single plot.  I'd like to indicate what is the
mean of each of them (they are showing cumulative distributions).

Each is a different color.

I tried putting 'mean=xxx' into the legend.  That works, but I think it's
confusing.  The legend normally displays independent variables, not results.

I put vertical lines and then text, vertically, just below the x-axis giving
the
mean values.  Not very clear.

This is not really a technical question, but one of presentation style.  How to
convey this information?