I had posted this question at the link below that contains the code and
an example figure. As stated in the title, I am looking to get
scientific notation on the minorFormatter. I use a custom minor
formatter function.

Also, this text seems bigger than the standard major formatter label
size. I was wondering how to specify the minor formatter text size.

Link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6828825/plotting-scientific-format-on-the-axis-label-and-different-size-minor-formatter-t

Cheers,
Jeff