Hi All,

I am trying to modify tick sizes and labels.  Reading documents and examples, I
have found an easy way to modify the labels,

> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
>
> ax = plt.axes()
> font_size = 24
>
> plt.setp(ax.get_xticklabels(),fontsize=font_size)

but I am struggling to find such a nice solution for the tick size.  I would
like to change the size of the major and minor ticks independently.  But the
best I have come up with so far is a brute force double loop (I tried calling
"major=False" but "major" is not a recognized kwarg)

> for tick in ax.xaxis.get_ticklines(minor=True):
>     tick.set_markersize(5)
> for tick in ax.xaxis.get_ticklines(minor=False):
>     tick.set_markersize(10)

I assume there is some nice solution like for the tick labels, but I have not
found it.

Anyone figured this one out yet?

Thanks,

Andre