From: sebastian
Sent: 08/02/11 11:51 AM
To: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] How to create a square wave plot

 Hi, On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:43:47 +0000, Freedom Fighter wrote: > Hi, > >
what's the easiest method of creating a square wave plot? > Let's say I have a
data stream of bits that have values of "1" or > "-1". > The plot function
wants to draw a diagonal line between those points > but I need to have a
horizontal line. So to get a "square wave" I > must > insert additional points
to the series when the values change. > I wonder if there an easy way of doing
this? You can use the "step" function, which does exactly this and has
arguments for setting where the step is made, etc. Regards, Sebastian