Hi all,

I've been making figures for a paper I'm writing (to be submitted to the
ApJ).  I'm using LaTeX and so need to use encapsulated PostScript for
the figures.  The problem is that when the paper is translated to pdf
from PostScript, the mathtext in the figures disappears.  The reason
that I think this is a matplotlib issue is that it's never happened to
me with eps figures created in different ways.  It's clear that this
must be related to fonts, but I'm not sure how to get around it.  Should
I set text.usetex to True?  I have a feeling this issue must have come
up before, but I haven't found anything obviously pertinent in the
mailing list archives.

Jon