From: Eric Firing <efir...@hawaii.edu>
To: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] tkinter bug?

That's probably why the button was commented out.  I think the problem
here is that using these gui toolkits is tricky, and the tk examples
were never worked out adequately.  There are various ways of putting a
quit button back into the example.  Try the one attached.  If it works
for you, I will make it replace the present example, and I will delete
the embedding_in_tk2.py example because it adds nothing of interest.

Eric