On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Jeffrey Blackburne
<jblackbu...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> It would be nice to have. Since the patch edge seemed to be using a "round"
> style and I wanted "miter", my workaround was just to use a separate step
> plot to overlay the outline. But for more general cases (e.g., a bar plot not
> created from a histogram or if I wanted a "bevel" style), I'm not sure how I
> would do it.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

I also agree that this needs to be supported.
Meanwhile, a workaround is to use the patheffects module.

For example,

from matplotlib.patheffects import Stroke

b = bar([0, 1, 2], [1, 0.5, 2], linewidth=10, fc="none")
for p in b:
    p.set_path_effects([Stroke(joinstyle="miter")])

-JJ