On Wednesday, September 21, 2011, Keith Jones <k.jo...@irl.cri.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two questions about using NavigationToolbar2Wx with mplot3d.
>

> 1/  Initially the 3D scatter plot will rotate as usual with a mouse, but
after selecting the ‘pan’ or ‘zoom’ buttons the plot responds with some
confusion.  How can I restore it to rotation only, i.e. disconnect the zoom
or pan behaviour?

That is a bug that should be resolved in the upcoming release.  Use the
right mouse button for zooming instead.  In the upcoming release, the zoom
and pan button should have no effect on axes3d objects, if I remember
correctly.

> 2/  When using the ‘save’ button I get different behaviours depending on
the backend.  With ‘WXAgg’ the saved png image shows only the axes, not the
scatter points.  The scatter points and axes do appear correctly in a pdf
file.  Using the ‘WX’ backend gives both scatter points and axes for the png
file.

I dont use WxAgg regularly.  I will use your code to test this.

Ben Root