Hello,

I am plotting polar graphs for a university project, the data is
confidential but I based the work on this example
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/polar_demo.html
and fortunately
the same problem occurs with this. If you take that code and change the
last four lines from:

ax.set_rmax(2.0)grid(True)
ax.set_title("And there was much rejoicing!", fontsize=20)show()

ax.set_rmax(3.01)
ax.set_rmin(2.91)
grid(True)ax.set_title("And there was much rejoicing!", fontsize=20)show()

and then run the script.

The min and max needs to be very tight so that the data I am looking at can
be displayed properly. With the tight axis range, the labels end up of to
the top right, they are just visible on my screen (1920x1080) when the
graph is maximised.

After some experimenting the smaller the range between the maximum and
minimum values the further to the right the labels go. I have not looked
into the coding of the polar module as my python knowledge is not great,
but my guess is that the labels are a set distance from the radial markers.

So my question is how do I move the radial labels back to the correct
location?

I hope I have not missed the answer in the documentation. I have installed
version 1.1.0 of matplotlib and its still a problem in it, thanks for the
good instructions on how to do it on ubuntu.

I look forward to any help.

Luke