I browsed Google, and found mainly outdated code examples (also on scipy
cookbook) then some 2008 posts on StackOverflow where at least I find some
trace that matplotlib.figure.Figure has some instruments to change output
image size, but it's in combination from inches and dpi set. However I just
couldn't find how to tell my plt graph to use this matplotlib.figure.Figure
settings, and ended editing matplotlibrc file and changing inches and DPI
there

Shouldn't be there some easier setting to set image size for savefig()
output?