Greetings,

I just installed matplotlib on my Mac OS 10.6 Machine (64bit) with default
Python 2.7.1 (easy_install). While the initial 2D graph examples work
great, when testing any of the animations, such as:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/animation/simple_anim.html

I always get the same error:

File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/animation.py",
line 248, in _blit_clear
    a.figure.canvas.restore_region(bg_cache[a])
AttributeError: 'FigureCanvasMac' object has no attribute 'restore_region'

Since "restore_region" is only in backend_agg.py and not in
backend_macosx.py, After reading more on this, I thought this might be
corrected by re-installing from source and setting the setup.cfg to macosx
= True and backend = MacOSX prior to building, but this did not correct the
issue. Also, changing backend: Agg to backend: MacOSX in:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data/matplotlibrc

didn't work either. Does anyone have experience with this or further
insight?

Thanks,
Nathan