On 02/18/2012 01:44 PM, frank.fei...@hushmail.com wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have a rather long code and get always a strange error:
>
> can't invoke "event" command: application has been destroyed
> while executing
> "event generate $w <<ThemeChanged>>"
> (procedure "ttk::ThemeChanged" line 6)
> invoked from within
> "ttk::ThemeChanged"
>

> The code is too long but I found some other code that produces exactly
> same type of error (see below).
>
> Does anybody have an idea what can be done in this case? Thx for
> some help.
>
> Frank.
>
> I use: Ubuntu 10.10, 64 bit, Tkinter, Python 2.6, etc ...

Confirmed with mpl master, ubuntu 11.04.  It seems to be a harmless
glitch in Tk.  It is triggered by making a figure and then closing it;
it does not matter whether anything is drawn in the figure. So the
example can be condensed even more to:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

fig1 = plt.figure()
plt.close(fig1)