On Friday, February 24, 2012, fdu.xia...@gmail.com wrote:

> Dear Ben Root,
>
> I have made a pull request of matplotlib on github, and I put my venn
> function on https://github.com/icetime/**matplotlib/blob/master/lib/**
> matplotlib/venn.py<https://github.com/icetime/matplotlib/blob/master/lib/matplotlib/venn.py>.
> However, I'm not sure it is the right place venn.py should go.
>
> This is my first time try to contribute to an open source project. Could
> someone please help review the code? Any comments will be greatly
> appreciated.Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Jianfeng

Jianfeng,

A common mistake new contributors make is that they make a pull request
against their own mpl fork rather than the official one.  We have not
received your request yet.  You might want to try again.

Git is confusing at first, but once you try it out a bit more, it becomes
much easier to use.

Ben Root