Hello,

I'm trying to run a rudimentary animation code (http://pastebin.com/ZNRhDmPR).
When I don't explicitly give a name to the FuncAnimation object, the code
doesn't work. I mean, just dropping in:
anim.FuncAnimation(fig, update_figure, np.arange(0, 2*np.pi, 0.1), interval=50)

instead of,

line_anim
= anim.FuncAnimation(fig, update_figure, np.arange(0, 2*np.pi, 0.1), interval=50)

The way I see it, since both call the constructor and I don't reuse the object
anywhere else, both should work, unless the code uses some weakrefs somewhere.
If not, why isn't it working?

Thanks!

Bernhard.