o.k., here is some minimal code...what am I doing wrong?

Within the picker (def pkr)...I would like to be able to see the
mouseevent.key value, but this is always None...is this the expected
behaviour? Is mouseevent.key not set at this point?

Anye hints would be greatly appreciated.

[code]
import sys

import matplotlib.patches as mpathes
import matplotlib.text as mtext
import matplotlib.lines as mlines
from matplotlib.path import Path

from PyQt4.QtGui import *

from matplotlib.figure import Figure
from matplotlib.backends.backend_qt4agg import FigureCanvasQTAgg as
FigureCanvas
from matplotlib.backends.backend_qt4agg import NavigationToolbar2QTAgg as
NavigationToolbar

class AAA():
    pass

class Qt4MplCanvas(FigureCanvas):
   """class to represent the FigureCanvas widget"""
   def __init__(self, parent, data):
      self.data = data
      self.fig = Figure()
      self.axes = self.fig.add_subplot(111)
      self.axes.set_aspect(1)
      self.compute_initial_figure()
      FigureCanvas.__init__(self, self.fig)
      self.setParent(parent)

FigureCanvas.setSizePolicy(self,QSizePolicy.Expanding,QSizePolicy.Expanding)
      FigureCanvas.updateGeometry(self)

class MagnedMplCanvas(Qt4MplCanvas):
   """Simple canvas with a sine plot."""

   def pkr(self, art, mouseevent):
       key = mouseevent.key
       button = mouseevent.button
       print key
       print button
       print art
       return False, dict()

   def compute_initial_figure(self):
       GR = [1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0]
       self.axes.hlines(GR,0.0,4.0,picker=self.pkr)

class ApplicationWindow(QMainWindow):
   """Example main window"""
   def __init__(self):
      QMainWindow.__init__(self)
      self.setWindowTitle("Matplotlib Figure in a Qt4 Window
WithNavigationToolbar")
      self.main_widget = QWidget(self)
      vbl = QVBoxLayout(self.main_widget)

      self.data=AAA()
      self.data.nnn=0

      qmc = MagnedMplCanvas(self.main_widget, self.data)
      ntb = NavigationToolbar(qmc, self.main_widget)
      vbl.addWidget(qmc)
      vbl.addWidget(ntb)
      self.main_widget.setFocus()
      self.setCentralWidget(self.main_widget)