I am a matplotlib noob, but I have searched the documentation, lists etc
and cannot find a simple way to stop a curve being drawn once it crosses
another curve. In the attached example, I am trying to draw the solid
curve only until it intersects the dashed one. I have tried using the
numpy.where() method, but it does not seem to be the right way to go
about it- I end up having to write FOR loops and so on, and that does
not make use of the vectorization advantages of numpy. Seems like there
ought to be a simple way to do this.

Gordon

mport numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt