On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Justin R <justinbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> operating system Windows 7
> matplotlib version : 1.1.0
> obtained from sourceforge
>
> the class seems to generate the same Wt matrix for every input. The
> every element of the weight matrix is either +sqrt(1/2) or -sqrt(1/2).
>
> dat1 = 4*np.random.randn(200,1) + 2
> dat2 = dat1*.25 + 1*np.random.randn(200,1)
> pcaObj1 = PCA(np.hstack((dat1,dat2)))
> print pcaObj1.Wt
>
> dat3 = 2*np.random.randn(200,1) + 2
> dat4 = dat3*2 + 3*np.random.randn(200,1)
> pcaObj2 = PCA(np.hstack((dat1,dat2)))
> print pcaObj2.Wt
>
> The output Y seems to be correct, and the projection function works.
> only the Wt matrix seems to be messed up. Am I using this class
> incorrectly, or could this be a bug?
> thanks,
> Justin

Justin, could you post a self-contained script that demonstrates the
issue? Where does this PCA function come from?

In [1]: from pylab import *

In [2]: PCA
NameError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
C:\Users\phobson\<ipython-input-2-dcf6991f51c0> in <module>()
----> 1 PCA

NameError: name 'PCA' is not defined

-paul