Hello,

I made a crude sonogram https://gist.github.com/2983547 with the note
names instead of the frequency. But, It really angers me not to be
able to have a log scale for the frequency.

Does any well known workaround exists?
Is there an easy way to grosso modo do :
x = time, y = frequency, z=amplitude of spectre with something like a
specter of one croche at time = t according to the bpm and make an y
scale logarithmic, then project the amplitude (z) with a colormap on
x,y plane according to the amplitude, and and have 3D representation?

Basically, I guess it boils down to know if combining those 2 is
possible :
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/mplot3d/contourf3d_demo2.html
+ log scale for y. I guess I could improve the result by using
logscale on Z and colormap
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5748076/python-matplotlib-contour-plot-logarithmic-color-scale)

Since it is only for fun, and I don't want to invest myself too much
my question is really did I missed something while googling for an
easy solution and if so, what are the good keywords?

Cheers
--
Julien