Hi,

I would often save figures after show() from the savefig button on the
navigation toolbar.  I would like to trim white spaces using something
akin to bbox_inches='tight', but haven't been able to figure out how.  I
tried adding the following to matplotlibrc, but to no avail:

savefig.bbox_inches : tight

The error message is that savefig.bbox_inches is a bad key

Could someone let me know how to do this, if it can be done?  I am using
Matplotlib 1.1.0

Thanks,
Saurav