On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Sami Niemi <s.ni...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Ben for your explanation. I have filed a feature request:
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/1037
>

> Cheers,
> Sami

Sami,

I did take a quick peek at the code to assess how much effort it would take
to make it work properly.  It isn't trivial, to say the least, because the
user-supplied rotation value is overwritten in order to do the 3d-managed
rotation.  This is actually similar to another problem where user-supplied
colors to scatter plots would be over-written as one interacts with the
plot.

I have a possible quickfix in mind, but I have to test it out, and I
already know of some edge cases where it won't work.  But it might be
sufficient for most use-cases.

Cheers!
Ben Root